Bubbles Be Gone!

Yeah! I finally figured out how to solve the bubble problem with my resin for good. And there was nothing fancy involved. In fact, it was my first solution in the very beginning but I didn't make the commitment and pour. LOL. Ok, let me explain. I had a show last weekend at the Scoot Inn here in Austin. I met the other people who use the same belt buckle blanks here in town that I do. It's funny because when the supplier is out they tell me it's because someone else bought them all up and that the two of us keep buying each other out. Anyway, they told me to use Modge Podge to seal the paper into the buckle. I told them I was concerned about brush strokes and they swore they disappeared. That had been my first solution but once I coated the image I was appalled at the very noticeable brush strokes and never poured resin on top because I thought they would still be there after the fact and at the time I was still experimenting and didn't have many to play with. So I learned a lesson. When experimenting, commit to the idea and follow it through. You might be surprised. Turns out the brush strokes do disappear. Can't see them at all. And the air pockets stay put and away from my curing resin. I'm excited. I can create belt buckles now without fear of wasting product. Just wait til I have some time after the holidays. New designs are swimming in my brain.