4.14.2009

Easter Weekend Recap

I just want to say that Austin Handmade is doing a wonderful job with their market. Even with the sketchy weather we had plenty of foot traffic. I'm sure we would have had even more if the sun had decided to make an appearance. Here are a few shots of my booth.

Lug standing guard under the table where it is safe

I also spent the weekend with some of my new plants. I'm going to try my hand at a small vegetable garden. We'll see how that goes since I can still only plant in pots and planters because the backyard is still in a state of limbo.

I have several tomato plants, some different varieties of peppers, some herbs and squash. I wanted watermelon but there is no way I can grow that with the eminent digging up of the backyard. We live on a hill with the house midway down so when it rains all the dirt runs down toward the house and makes it hard to grow anything in the backyard. We are going to add terraces and put the dirt near the house back at the top of the hill with plenty of drainage and retaining walls. Still trying to figure out how to do this and still leave Penelope plenty of room and a path for playing frisbee. I'm already designing the layout of my planter boxes and where I want the hammock.

No comments: