3.11.2009

SXSW Fun!

Everyone in Austin and well beyond knows that SXSW turns this city into one big festival and party for the better part of March. All the music, movies and events happening can keep even the most energetic person going until they drop. Some of my favorite events usually aren't a part of the official line up but that what makes SXSW great... so many creative people joining in the celebration and turning it into something even better. I have a few things on my to-do list this year.

One, is the Flatstock Poster Show. I don't even have room on my walls for all the great posters I walk away with every year, but the images are so wonderful that I buy them anyway. When I clean out my studio, it is always like Christmas when I find my poster collection and go through it again. I end up going to the store and framing new ones to redecorate the house.

Two, is the Handmade Austin Market's booth at Guero's, March 19th-22nd. I'll be there with some of my belt buckles and prints along with tons of other local artists.



Three, is the Etsy Austin booth at Hill Country Weavers on South Congress, March 14th, 15th, 20th, and 21st noon to 7 p.m. This event features Etsy artists from Austin (obviously!) and is a good way to see what the Etsy community has to offer.
Some of the artists will be hosting demos, some of the artists will be walking around downtown handing out some of the promo bags many in the group have spent days working on. They are really cute and were made using old t-shirts. Kim of Broken Ear Productions was great enough to post a how-to video for the bags.


Come out and join the festivities. You are guaranteed to have fun at SXSW this year!

1 comment:

Beth H said...

thanks for the plug, Jen! your blog is great, by the way. c ya soon!c